About - From Disney World to Poetry Time
I was born in Philadelphia and raised in the suburbs of Philly in a town called Yeadon. After graduating from Fairleigh Dickinson University, I joined several theater touring companies, including, Poetry Alive! where I first experienced the power of poetry.
I developed Poetry Time during my eight years as an actor for Walt Disney World performing in various shows, including, the role of Judge at The American Idol Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
I'm the co-author of CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR? Poems of Race, Mistakes and Friendship (co-written with Irene Latham) and the upcoming DICTIONARY FOR A BETTER WORLD: Poems, Quote and Anecdotes from A to Z.
My poems have appeared in many anthologies including:
- Amazing Places edited by Lee Bennett Hopkins.
- The National Geographic Book of Animal Poetry edited by J. Patrick Lewis.
- The Arrow Finds Its Mark: A Book of Found Poems edited by Georgia Heard.
- The Poetry Friday Anthology Series edited by Sylvia Vardell and Janet Wong.
- One Minute Till Bedtime edited by Kenn Nesbitt.
Since 2007 I have been a proud member of the Society of Children's Books
Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI).